If you’re like me and prefer everything on the coffee table to be sitting in a certain parallel way, then thingsorganizedneatly.tumblr.com is for you.
No, we are not crazy. No, we’re not “omg soooooo OCD*” We just like things a certain way.
*Aside: This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Do a little bit of research before you joke about OCD.
Look! Look at these pretty things that aren’t touching! (Also, I really want those shoes, any idea where I can get a pair?)
I can’t be the only one who finds look at these photos relaxing, right?
The posts range from things organized solely for the blog to images captured of something spontaneously beautiful and neat.
Ah, sorry. Got lost flipping through the pages of it all.
Well, enjoy! I’m going to go clean up my room a little bit now, I’ve been inspired.
If I’m going to do a weekly Tumblr post, it’s going to be on Tuesdays! Tumblr Tuesday wins the game of the best weekday-related alliteration. This may not be a weekly thing, but hey, who knows?
I will kick this off with a post dedicated to my friend David, who hosts an awesome art/music/general badassadry page at drdavidphd.tumblr.com.
In the fall, he’ll be studying Illustration on the other side of the monster we call the GTA (Greater Toronto Area aka worst commute time in North America. Seriously.)
He’s got a very unique style to his illustrations, which mostly focus on Pokemon and people. (In all honesty, Pokemon are really fun to draw.)
There is some NSFW content concerning some naked ladies, if you need to know.
David is one of the funniest guys I know. Between his extremely talented work, his music posts, and his overall awesomeness, I suggest you check this Tumblr out!
I’ve seen this going around WordPress, and I’ve been nominated by three lovely bloggers for the award!
Thank you to Smartfashioned, Opinionated Duck, and Savanah, Pro Se for the nomincations.
So there are rules associated with being nominated. They include:
- Nominate fellow bloggers;
- Inform said bloggers about their nominations;
- Share 7 random things about yourself;
- Thank the blogger who nominated you; and
- Put the Versatile Blogger Award picture in your post.
First I’ll nominate a few awesome bloggers:
1. Thirty Four Flavours An awesome gal from Toronto who blogs about fashion, music, and once sent me a letter with a royal wedding stamp stuck to the front. Pretty great in my books!
2. The Adventures of Transman A great collection of humourous and truthful posts about navigating the world as a trans male who has recently begun the transition process. Really eye-opening and a great read.
3. La Petite Végétarienne A blog that combines adventures in France with vegetarian food? Perfect!
Seven random things about myself? Are you sure you want to know? Okay.
1. I prefer earl grey tea to coffee in the morning every time.
2. I have an elderly dachshund border terrier mix (we think, he was a stray pound rescue) with an attitude, but I love him.
3. I hate saying the word “dachshund” like “doxund” even though I know it’s correct. I plead ignorance most of the time and go with “wiener dog.”
4. I secretly really enjoy Coronation Street and I’ve been kind of half-watching it with my mom (the ultimate fan) since 3rd grade.
5. I can never find appropriate shoes for whatever I need them for. I’ve gone to farms wearing flats and I always find myself wearing boots when it’s 10c outside.
6. I wish I liked Oreos.
7. M*A*S*H is one of my favourite shows. ever.
That concludes this award post! I would like to thank my MacBook for not dying and my lovely Rogers internet for not being a little b*tch. Thank you, thank you.
Thursday was an odd day for me. I had just admitted defeat and quit something I thought I’d be good at. This included moving 200 pounds of material downtown in my tiny little car. I thought I’d take a “shortcut” and wound up getting lost (I’m from the east side! Forgive me if the Gardiner is confusing) and going around in circles because of that damn new condo construction everywhere. It wasn’t a morning full of confidence and awesomeness, oddly enough.
When I finally made it back home and logged into WordPress, the main page came up. The first Freshly Pressed post I glanced at had a name quite familiar to something I’d written, I had actually thought to myself “goddamn, someone stole my idea!” before I realized that it was my post.
What? My post was on Freshly Pressed? I didn’t even edit it that well! It wasn’t even that good! Oh my god.
It was a nice surprise after I realized that people actually liked it!
I just want to say this:
Thank you to everyone who took the time to read, comment, like or follow. The WordPress community is one of the most supportive, positive online communities I have ever been a part of. Thank you.
For your support, here is a picture of an awesome kitten I found on pinterest. I promise a real post is coming soon! (The after-FP post is a little nerve wracking, forgive me.)